This project includes three categories of activities :
1. Networking activities will :
- aim at defining and sharing common objectives over the future of PV research (research, technology development and standards). Priorities are redefined annually in an open cooperative approach,
- organise expert committees to define common procedures for testing and characterising PV materials, modules and systems,
- organise training and exchange activities for all European scientists (summer schools, exchange of personnel between different Research Organisations).
2. TransNational Access activity:
This activity will provide free of charge and open access to 48 research infrastructures :
- dealing with advanced experimentation and characterisation of materials and innovative technologies
- and developing an harmonised vision on performance and lifetime prediction of PV modules and systems.
3. Research activities, in order to improve in quality and/or quantity the services provided by the existing infrastructures. They will cover four specific topics :
- JRA 1: Quicker lifetime prediction though accelerated ageing tests and improved failure analysis procedures of PV modules
- JRA 2: Greater accuracy of rated power and energy output prediction of PV modules & systems
- JRA 3: Improved photovoltaic material characterisation procedures : silicon material, thin films and TCOs, and organic solar cells
- JRA 4: Improvement and validation of software infrastructure for photovoltaic materials, cell, module and system modelling